I am already failing at this blog eh?
Anyhow, a small update: I am still super busy.
Weeks are long and fast at the same time, Its already been a month since I got here!?? I have done so little and also done SO MUCH. I have seen nothing of this beautiful country except the inside of the EIL institute where my classes are. However, since we are in a constant state of being behind in our lesson planning and writing of assignments the 10 hour work/school days plus the additional 3-5 work hours at home I have found myself in awe of how much we have done. I have already taught 7 classes for the learners at the institute and have one more next week. As well as critiqued, observed, and brainstormed strategies and lessons with, the others in my teaching group. weekends consist of attempts at going out on fridays, writing papers and stocking up on sleep for the week on saturdays, and planing lessons on sunday. When I'm feeling really motivated (obligated? =]) which is apparently now, while sitting in my bed, post paper writing session with my morning Nescafe (...) I will write a blog post. (You may have gathered through various other means that this isn't very often.. whoops!)
Today I think I'm going to some unknown location with my host sister, but not sure when.. ahh in 30 minutes! haha
My Spanish is getting better. Slowly, it hard though when most of my day is in English, and for some reason the people I have the hardest time understanding on a regular basis are my family.. go figure. However I am getting better at speaking and understanding people in general. On the other side, my English just seems to be getting worse... I talk slow and simply, and mess up sentence structure, and slip in and out of this weird accent... (WTF?) But I am learning a lot about grammar that i never knew before! So thats a plus.
Well I'm off to finish getting ready to leave!
Hasta luego
No comments:
Post a Comment