Where to begin? I have since started working as a 'real teacher' for a company called LenguaTec, which is a 'gringo' company owned by a young Canadian. Carla and I both work here. We are a company that is commissioned out to teach english at various corporations in Quito. I have all of my classes at one company though, while the rest of the teachers are at a couple different companies teaching mainly 1on1 or 1on2. I have 6 classes Mon-Thurs in blocks from 7am to 7pm. Most of my classes are small groups from 4-12 students, and I have one class that is 1on1, and a class that is 1on 2. I enjoy all my students, and we have great classes where we are all learning a lot. Since every class will surely have some spanish lesson for me that comes up inadvertently. Additional info: (All my students are older than me and work at QBE, an insurance agency. ha. )
Carla and I have found a fantastic apartment in the northern central metropolitan area of Quito with great views of the city and the mountains, and the park. We have a spectacular terrace which is now naturally decked out in christmas lights! We are close to work, and anything else we could possibly want! and now it is complete with internet! YAY
view of our building from Parque Carolina
View of Pichincha and the mall! haha
We are feeling more and more settled and at home here every day. but also getting worse at english too. we often make fun of each other and the way we have started phrasing our sentences like our students.. oops!
We hope to start more exploring on the weekends and meeting more of Ecuador! will keep you posted! hopefully more often....
Chao chao!






No comments:
Post a Comment